The Islands Moorage, McGuire Island, Columbia River, Oregon

The Islands Moorage, McGuire Island, Columbia River, Oregon
The Home of Rivergate Cottage

New Things are Part of the Fun!

I did it! This is all new to me. I didn't even know or get "blogs" a few days ago. My daughter, Pam, has created a beautiful one. It's been a great way to keep up on the progress of she and her husband, Jeremy's, adoption plans. Yes! A grandaughter from Colombia is coming.

I did the blog and a post and then did it again, new template, and deleted the post. It was scarey and exciting all at the same time to see it when it actually became "published" on the World Wide Web! What fun!

I can see I'm going to have to stay focused cause the ideas are endless. Or is that the point....it's my blog, no rights or wrongs. I can make it my own. One thing I know for sure is this is going to be fun!

One thing I'm not sure of is how people find your blog.
Do you know?
Can you help me?
Any tips?

I think I have to start by emailing people to tell them how they can read it now that I have it set up, right? Well, this will be definitley be an adventure!

5 comments:

Chris Sigmon said...

Welcome to the blog world! It's fun and crazy! I can't wait to see what you will be sharing with us on your space!

And I'm not sure how people find your/my blog either.... I sent out an email at first, but there's only a select few that read mine I think... oh well!

Gary and Charlene Poston said...

Thanks for visiting, Chris and for the tip. Come on over anytime!

Pamela said...

Hey Mom,
I like it... I do have to tell you though - one of the very first things my agency told me is that Colombia is spelled with 2 "O"s. I know you'll never for get that now.

I'd send an e-mail to friends and also other people putting a link to your blog gets a lot of visitors that you don't know.

Hope you have fun! Love you.

Pamela said...

I added you to my blog... you can add Jeremy too if you want to at http://jeremypegg.blogspot.com/

Gary and Charlene Poston said...

Hey Pam, Thanks for the heads up.
I have fixed the error! I'm used to spelling out Columbia River and never even noticed. You bet, I will add Jeremy's blog.

Love you,
Mom