The Islands Moorage, McGuire Island, Columbia River, Oregon

The Islands Moorage, McGuire Island, Columbia River, Oregon
The Home of Rivergate Cottage

A Mazey Day

Today Gary and I went to downtown Portland to get Mazey's mom and dad's wedding certificate from the hall of records. Just a chore, a task, a necessary thing, on the surface. It meant so much more to me than that, that I could be 2,000 something miles away from my much loved daughter, Pam and super great (and much loved) son -in-law, Jeremy who are in the process of adopting a little girl from Colombia. Her name is Mazey, and although none of us have met her yet she too is in her Grampa and Grama's hearts and much loved.

Prayers for someone do that to me.....they get into my heart. I felt so blessed to be able to do something necessary for my Mazey to come to the loving home of her momma and daddy. I can't wait to see you, dear Mazey!

8 comments:

Pamela said...

Thank you for your love and support. I know Mazey will be so blessed to have you and Dad in her life. She is already so loved!

Thanks for running the errand for me. It really gives me great peace of mind to have that done!

Gary and Charlene Poston said...

Your welcome! We were happy to.

I love you,
Mom

Crystal said...

Thanks for coming by my blog!! It's so fun to see that you have one too!! :) Blogs are so fun and addictive!! We probably won't get to see you guys in Oct unless we are randomly in Radford at that time (we live in Charlottesville now) but I hope you all have a great time with your kids. :) Love to you!!

DrD said...

Isn't it great that I feel the same way about my son's wife as you do about your daughters husband?

Gary and Charlene Poston said...

Hey Duane,
Thanks for visiting me on my blog! In answer to your question, "Isn't it great that I feel the same way about my son's wife as you do about your daughter's husband?", Yes, it is.

I love Jeremy and I love the way he loves Pam. I'm very grateful that God brought them together. They bring joy to my life.

Blessing!
Charlene

Jeremy said...

allow me to pile on to the mush fest.

thank you guys for being more than willing to help out with all that driving around for paper work.

looking forward to you guys coming here.

Gary and Charlene Poston said...

Thank Jeremy,

You have to accept it! You got stuck with a mushy mom-in-law.

We are very excited about seeing you soon.

James mentioned, with pleasure, that he had a great phone conversation with you the other day. Thanks for being such a great role model.

I love you!
Char

Pamela said...

I'm behind the times hear but it so sweet to see that my father-in-law loves me as much as I love him... and that my mom loves my hubby too! Wish we got to see you all more often than we do!
Love to you both!