The Islands Moorage, McGuire Island, Columbia River, Oregon

The Islands Moorage, McGuire Island, Columbia River, Oregon
The Home of Rivergate Cottage

A Fun Idea....for a very good cause

Ideas are funny things. They pop into my head looking for a warm place to hatch! Sometimes I dismiss them as just too off the wall, or just to hard to pull off. Sometimes they die because I doubt that anyone else would come on board with the idea.

In researching avenues of funding for my daughter and son-in-love's adoption of a girl to called Mazey, from Colombia, I was inspired by anothr adoptive mother who mentioned a number of things she had done to fund the adoption of five children. They were things such as garage sales, entertainment book sales, ebay, letters inviting people to contribute, and others. That's when I got the idea of putting together a cookbook to sell.

I got very excited about the idea because I love to work on the computer. I love to write. I love it that it would involve other people. I love to organize. I love to cook and I love to eat! So I decided this idea was one I'd like to invest some time into and see what it would hatch.

5 comments:

Chris Sigmon said...

Sounds like an awesome idea! I'll have to search out some of our favorite recipes...

And I may or may not be here when y'all come to visit. I go up to PA on the 4th of November, and depending on whether they want me to stay or not at Jefferson will decide how long I stay up there... hopefully I will get to see you guys though!

Gary and Charlene Poston said...

Thanks Chris, We'll be around before you leave. Gotta see you guys.

That would be awesome if you had some recipes. Take a look at the Hope for Mazey group I started on FaceBook and you'll see the discussion topics are names of the sections that will be in the book. Maybe this will inspire you.

Will you tell me, if when you go to my facebook page, is it easy to find the group? I may have sent an invite to you to join as well.

Have a great day!

Michelle said...

Not sure if you would remember me or not but we met when you spoke at the New Horizons Ladies retreat. My husband Eric and I are also adopting and Pam said I could contact you to ask just how the cookbook idea works. We are in desperate need for fundraising help and are without family help or support. I would appreciate any ideas you could share and maybe even just your prayers for us if that is all you could maybe offer.

Michelle
www.journeytomercy.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

feel free to e mail rfams4him@verizon.net

Pamela said...

Many thanks again! We so appreciate all you are doing! See you soon!